ML 064 was the first Fairmile to be built at the Leblanc Shipyard. This picture is taken from the bridge that crosses the Sissiboo River.
While she flew the White Ensign, she was not commissioned into the RCN but instead was listed as a tender to HMCS Sambro, the depot ship for escorts (tenders were not commissioned vessels). In Mar 1943, Q064 rescued the flight crew of a Catalina flying boat that had crashed one mile offshore and was on fire. In Mar 1944 and Jan 1945, ML Q064 was part of the 72 ML Flotilla, Halifax M.L. Force. On 6 Mar 1944, her CO, Lt Jarvis was listed as the SO of the 72 ML Flotilla. She was equipped with 2 diesel engines.
Sold Oct 10, 1945 for $ 3500, by WAC to Wendell Graham, lobster packer, Montague PE
First registry March 17 1947, Charlottetown PE. She was sold and renamed Six-Four.
Sold July s8, 1948 to Everett Kennedy, fisherman, Bay Head, Colchester Co., NS
Sold Feb 9,1950, to Maritime Produce Ltd. Bay Head NS.
Foundered off Sydney NS Dec. 7, 1952.
Sank 30 miles southwest of Channel Head. NL
courtesy of RCNFairmiles.com